Thursday, October 16, 2008

LOL Rays Bullpen

Today I had the Tampa Bay Rays +148, 3u to win 4.44u($1200 to win $1778) to win Game 5. I was up ~15BBs(~$2,000) in poker when Tampa was up 7-0 in the 7th inning. 8 Boston Red Sox runs later I was also down 47BB in poker(~$3,600).

It's commonly said that in this business, you can tell whether you'll make it by how you react to your biggest downswings. Well, the shit hit the fan tonight[mentally, financially its just drop(albeit a pretty big one) in the bucket] and yet, I'm very happy with everything. Granted, I've just met some new people and gotten involved in some activities that have me quite excited, but I'm cheerful through the low points of my gambling odyssey as well. I will not be stopped.

Edit: Joey and I have been comparing the ALCS to the Presidential Race.
Rays - Blue Uniforms, Young, Message of Change, Large lead throughout the series, BJ Upton, Carl Crawford, Cliff Floyd, Edwin Jackson,
Red Sox - Red Uniforms, The Old Guard, Experienced, Been here before, All White Guys.

Knowing this, Obama should drop 4-5 points tomorrow :O

No comments: